On 23rd March 2015 Equinet hosted the conference Taking Action for Gender Equality to facilitate exchange between equality bodies and national and European stakeholders on future strategic priorities and tools in the field of gender equality.
The Conference strived to:
- Present the preliminary findings of the Equinet draft Perspective on the work of equality bodies on gender equality and future strategic priorities.
- Highlight equality bodies’ experiences in the implementation of gender equality legislation and policies.
- Provide a platform for discussion on key priorities, good practices and possible future developments at EU and national level.
- Facilitate an exchange between equality bodies, EU institutions and stakeholders contributing to effective cooperation for the promotion of gender equality.
We were very pleased to welcome Ms. Vĕra Jourová, European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality as our keynote speaker. Her speech was followed by sessions on:
- Mainstreaming Gender Equality
- Litigating for Change
- Communication and Awareness Raising
- Europe in 2020: Our Vision for Gender Equality
Opening Speech by Evelyn Collins, Chair of Equinet, Chief Executive of the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland
SESSION 1 - Mainstreaming Gender Equality
Chair: Petr Polak, Head of Department of Equal Treatment, Public Defender of Rights, Czech Republic
SESSION 2 - Litigating for change
Chair: Goran Selanec, Deputy Ombudsman, Office of the Ombudswoman for Gender Equality, Croatia
SESSION 3 - Communication and awareness raising
Chair: Sandra Konstatzky, Deputy Director, Ombud for Equal Treatment, Austria
SESSION 4 - Europe in 2020 - our vision for gender equality
Chair: Daniela Bankier, Head of Gender Equality Unit, European Commission
Download Reading Materials
- Conference Agenda
- Conference Booklet
- Conference Summary
- Equinet Perspective on Gender Equality (Draft version, March 2015)