The elected Executive Board is responsible for the overall management of the network and constitutes the strategic leadership of Equinet.
The current Members of the Equinet Executive Board for the 2015-2017 period are:
- Evelyn COLLINS (Chair), Chief Executive, Equality Commission for Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
- Sarah BENICHOU, Head of ‘Access to Rights and Discriminations’ Unit, Defender of Rights, France
- Anna BŁASZCZAK, Deputy Director of the Department of Equal Treatment and Protection of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Commissioner for Human Rights, Poland
- Patrick CHARLIER, Co-Director, Unia (Interfederal Centre for Equal Opportunities), Belgium
- Sandra KONSTATZKY, Deputy Director, Ombud for Equal Treatment, Austria
- Kalliopi LYKOVARDI, Coordinator of Anti-Discrimination Unit, Greek Ombudsman, Greece
- Kirsi PIMIÄ, Non-Discrimination Ombudsman, Non-Discrimination Ombudsman , Finland - since January 2017
- Petr POLAK, Head of the Division of Equal Treatment, Public Defender of Rights, Czech Republic
- Tena ŠIMONOVIĆ EINWALTER, Deputy Ombudswoman, Office of the Ombudswoman, Croatia - since January 2017
- Equinet Executive Board 2015-2017 (taken Oct. 2015): K. Beker, P. Charlier, E. Collins, E. Lier Haugseth, S. Konstatzky, K. Lykovardi, P. Polak, A. Blaszczak (missing S. Benichou)
Former Board Members for the 2015-2017 period:
- Kosana BEKER, Assistant to the Commissioner for Protection of Equality, Commissioner for Protection of Equality, Serbia (resigned in December, 2016)
- Elisabeth LIER HAUGSETH, Head of Law Enforcement Department, The Equality and Anti-Discrimination Ombud, Norway (resigned in October, 2016)
All of the Executive Board members and the Treasurer execute their tasks pro bono.
The Executive Board operates on the basis of the workplan and budget agreed by the Equinet members and discusses and takes decisions on the management and operational structure for the period of their mandate.
- Illustration of Equinet Governance
Text version of the infographic above:
The main decisions concerning the general steering of Equinet are taken by the General Assembly of Members (GA) that is made up of all the current members of the network, and is convened at least once a year for an Annual General Meeting (AGM). The GA:
- ratifies new members into the network
- elects representatives on the Executive Board every two years
- takes decisions on the strategic direction of the network by participating in the development, reviewing and voting on the annual Work Plan for the next year prepared and proposed by the Executive Board
- is entitled to amend the statutes of the organisation and to approve budgets and accounts.
During the course of the year, the GA delegates the management and the administration of the network to the Executive Board. The latter devises the strategy for implementing the work plan for the year, ensures that the means are in place to guarantee the effectiveness and sustainability of the network and acts in the best interest of the network and its members throughout the year.