On Thursday 24 April 2014, Equinet organised a High-Level Seminar in Brussels bringing together representatives of equality bodies, national and European stakeholders and experts, for an open and constructive dialogue on the implementation of the principle of equal treatment between men and women in the access to and supply of goods and services.
Agenda and Objectives
The agenda of the seminar can be accessed below:
- Agenda - Equinet Gender Seminar 2014
The Seminar strived to:
- Allow an exchange between equality bodies, EU institutions and stakeholders on how to best cooperate for the promotion of gender equality in the access to and supply of goods and services.
- Present equality bodies’ experiences in the implementation of the Goods and Services Directive 2004/113/EC.
- Provide a platform for discussion on key priorities, best practices and possible future developments at EU and national level.
- Position Equinet and national equality bodies’ work in the field of gender equality at EU level
Setting the Scene: the Goods and Services Directive
SESSION 1 - The application of the Directive
SESSION 3 - Ways Forward
- Equality Human Rights Commission (UK), "Pipe up" (10:30)
- Commission for Equality in Labour and Employment (CITE - Portugal), Parentalidade (00:27)
A summary of the Seminar can be downloaded here: