Seven expert meetings examined a range of subjects relevant to the work of specialised bodies. The meeting reports are published as a series and are available by clicking on the themes listed below.
- The first meeting was hosted by the Belgian Centre for Equal Opportunities and Opposition to Racism on 14-15 January 2003 in Brussels on the theme Proving Discrimination.
- The second meeting was hosted by the Austrian Ombud for Equal Employment Opportunities in Vienna on 20-21 May on the subject Protection against discrimination and gender equality - how to meet both requirements.
- On 23-24 June the Dutch Equal Treatment Commission hosted the third meeting in Utrecht on Equal Pay.
- The fourth meeting took place in Stockholm, hosted by the Ombudsman against Ethnic Discrimination, on 14-15 October 2003, on the topic Discrimination in Working Life: Remedies and Enforcement.
- The fifth meeting was hosted by the Commission for Racial Equality in London on 29-30 January 2004 on combating discrimination in Goods and Services.
- The sixth meeting took place on 4 and 5 March 2004 in Dublin, hosted by the Equality Authority, on Strategic enforcement and the EC anti-discrimination directives.
- The final meeting in the series took place in Belfast on 17-18 June 2004 and focused on Single Equality Bodies and Integrated Equality Legislation.
Alongside representatives of the partner organisations and experts from the respective host countries, the experts meeting were attended by:
Danish Centre for Human Rights
Ombudsman for Minorities, Finland
National Consultative Commission on Human Rights, France
Federal Government’s Commissioner on Migration, Refugees and Integration, Germany
Ombudsman office, Greece
Parliamentary Commissioner for the Rights of National and Ethnic Minorities, Hungary
Ministry of Equal Opportunities, Italy
Latvian Human Rights Office
Equal Opportunities Ombudsman, Lithuania
Centre for Combating Ethnic Discrimination, Norway
Government Plenipotentiary for Equal Status of Women and Men, Poland
High Commissioner for Immigration and Ethnic Minorities, Portugal
National Council for Combating Discrimination, Romania
Section on Human Rights, Minorities and Regional Development, Office of the Government, Slovak Republic
National Centre for Human Rights, Slovak Republic
Office for Equal Opportunities, Slovenia
Ombudsman office, Spain
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, Spain
European Commission against Racism and Intolerance