In 2014 the Commissioner for the Protection from Discrimination of Republic of Albania published a Special Report for the Protection and Respect of the Rights of the LGBTI Community in Albania.
The report includes:
- The overview of the legal framework protecting the rights of LGBTI people on international level and in Albania, highlighting the work of the Commissioner in expanding the legal protection of LGBTI people in Albania.
- The description of social context for LGBTI people in Albania through resources gathered from NGOs and the Commissioner
- The description of discrimination complaints based on sexual orientation and gender identity addressed to the Commissioner
- The overview of the Commissioner work in promoting the rights of LGBTI people in Albania
- The Commissioner’s recommendations to the Albanian authorities for improving the situation of LGBTI people in Albania
Download the report
- Special Report for the Protection and Respect of the Rights of LGBTI Community in Albania